The Asian American Writers’ Workshop (AAWW) seeks a Digital Communications Coordinator, a vital member of our digital communications team who will implement the day-to-day online production and promotion of the AAWW’s content, as we celebrate our 30th year. The coordinator will assist in promoting the Workshop’s robust programs and publishing calendar online. This is an opportunity to join a talented group in growing the Workshop’s resilience and reach.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will report to and work closely with the Digital Communications Manager to implement the overarching communications strategy via social and newsletter campaigns, graphic design, and magazine production. They will collaborate with the Programs and Editorial teams. Overall, the Digital Communications Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the postings are completed in a timely manner, and the Workshop’s digital presence is aligned with our mission and values.
The ideal candidate for this role is familiar with Asian arts & culture, the NYC book publishing industry, and has experience coordinating multiple projects at the same time.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Work in close collaboration with the Managing Editor, ensuring that final magazine files are produced for timely preview, publication and social media promotion
- Work with editorial team to sharpen and identify headlines, subheadings, and keywords
- Track, report, and analyze website and multimedia channels’ data
- Liaise with contracted web developer to manage and troubleshoot website performance
- Help build the social media presence and capacity of the Workshop to drive traffic to the website, The Margins magazine and events
- Execute social campaigns for season announcements
- Compile social handles, create template digital copy language, research hashtags, assist with social media posts
- Develop SEO and social media best practices
- Track, report, and analyze social media analytics
- Managing AAWW YouTube channel and Libsyn Podcast
- Occasional audio and video editing projects
- Draft AAWW satisfaction surveys to collect audience/reader feedback
- Assistance with website development, as needed
- Attend cross-departmental staff meetings
- Collaborate with Editorial and Programs teams on graphic design, podcasts, events, and campaigns as needed.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Passion and deep interest in Asian, Asian American, Asian diasporic literatures
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant communications experience, preferably in media (journalism / book publishing), literary nonprofits, or PR
- Demonstrated project management, multi-tasking, and communication skills, and excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Interest in communications, analytics, and using digital tools to build community
- Proactive, collaborative, and creative, with superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with HTML and SEO
- Comfortable managing multiple social media channels, especially IG
- Demonstrated familiarity with some or all of the following tools/softwares is a major plus:
- Graphic design (Canva or Adobe Photoshop)
- Facebook/IG Business + Google Ads
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Accustomed to working across multiple time zones and with colleagues of different cultural backgrounds
Salary range is commensurate with experience. The AAWW offers a strong benefits package including a generous vacation policy and fully-covered health, dental and vision insurance. This role is a union position, affiliated with the Technical, Office and Professional (TOP) Union, Local 2110 UAW, AFL-CIO.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will temporarily be a remote position as the AAWW staff continues to telecommute. Candidates not currently based in New York City will be expected to relocate once AAWW staff return to in-person work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the following subject line: FULL NAME – Digital Communications Coordinator.