The Asian American Writers’ Workshop (AAWW) seeks a full time Digital Communications Coordinator, a vital member of our digital communications team who will implement the day-to-day online production and promotion of the AAWW’s content and assets. The coordinator will assist in promoting the Workshop’s robust live programs and digital magazine, The Margins, as well as assisting in the upkeep of AAWW’s brand, style, and public image. This is an excellent opportunity for arts administrators, storytellers, and writers to join a talented group in growing the Workshop’s community, reach, and legacy.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will report to and work closely with the Digital Communications Manager to implement the overarching communications strategy via social networking and newsletter campaigns. The Digital Communications team will endeavor to streamline the organization’s graphic design and magazine production in collaboration with the Programs and Editorial teams. Overall, the Digital Communications Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring our daily communications are completed in a timely manner, and that the Workshop’s digital presence is aligned with our mission and values.
The ideal candidate for this role is familiar with and excited about Asian arts & culture, NYC’s literary and publishing industry, and has demonstrated success in coordinating multiple projects at the same time.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Helping to grow the social media presence and capacity of the Workshop to build audience and trust and to drive traffic to the website, The Margins magazine, and seasonal programs
- Executing social campaigns for season announcements and fundraising
- Compiling relevant social handles for press and partner outreach and cross-promotion
- Tending to a comprehensive social media calendar
- Developing social media best practices for use across teams
- Working in collaboration with the Managing Editor, ensuring that pieces to be published on The Margins are produced for timely preview, publication, and social media promotion
- Liaise with contracted web developer to manage and troubleshoot website performance and general upkeep
- Tracking and reporting social media, website, and newsletter data analytics for monthly and yearly review and strategy building by Digital Communications Manager
- Managing AAWW YouTube channel and digital media archive by keeping up to date with video editing and uploading our signature events
- Disseminating AAWW audience surveys created in collaboration with the Digital Communications Manager to collect and aggregate feedback
- Attending cross-departmental staff meetings
- Collaborating with Editorial, Programs, and fundraising teams on graphic design, video, podcasts, events, and campaigns as needed
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Passion and deep interest in Asian, Asian American, Asian diasporic literature
- At least 2 years of relevant communications experience, preferably in media (journalism and/or book publishing), literary or arts nonprofits, or PR
- Demonstrated project management, multi-tasking, and communication skills, and excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Interest in communications, analytics, and using digital tools to build community
- Proactive, collaborative, and creative, with superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with HTML and SEO
- Comfortable managing multiple social media channels, especially Instagram and Twitter
- Demonstrated familiarity with some or all of the following tools/softwares is a major plus:
- Canva and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Facebook, Twitter, and IG Business Insights
- Google Ads & Analytics
- Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Accustomed to working across multiple time zones and with colleagues of different cultural backgrounds
This position is FULL TIME (40 hours/week). Salary range $41-44k, commensurate with experience. The AAWW offers a strong benefits package including a generous vacation policy and fully-covered health, dental and vision insurance. This role is a union position, affiliated with the Technical, Office and Professional (TOP) Union, Local 2110 UAW, AFL-CIO.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will temporarily be a remote position as the AAWW staff continues to telecommute. Candidates based in New York City preferred.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by MARCH 31. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include the following subject line: FULL NAME – Digital Communications Coordinator.