Press Play with PEN America
Featuring Tarfia Faizullah, Jenny Zhang, CAAAV, and more.
Marginalia | Marginalia
May 28, 2020
May 28, 2020
Welcome to Press Play, a regular round-up of AAWW digital programming to keep you company at home!
NEW AT AAWW
- This week, in collaboration with PEN America, we held a Day of Solidarity against hate in all its forms. The full day of digital programming included teach-ins, conversations, and readings. You can watch the video for Poetry in Protest below, featuring Tarfia Faizullah, Jenny Zhang, Monica Youn, and more.
- Huiying B. Chan spoke with Emily Mock from CAAAV about her work as a housing organizer with the Chinatown Tenants Union, the #CancelRent fund, and how to support NYC Chinatown during lockdown. Watch on IGTV.
- Nadia Q. Ahmad joins us for AAWW at Home and reads from Ada Limón’s “Instructions on Not Giving Up.”
- Tonight, we’re holding a virtual reading and fundraiser for Laal NYC. Bangladeshi American writers Tarfia Faizullah, Nadia Q. Ahmad, and Samira Sadeque will be featured for a reading and conversation.
- Join us on Wednesday at 2 p.m. EDT for Lit Lunch, our Instagram Live interview series, for a conversation with Zaina Arafat, the author of You Exist Too Much (Catapult), interviewed by Open City fellowship alum Roja Heydarpour.