A regular round-up of our digital programming to keep you company at home.
May 14, 2020
Welcome to Press Play, a regular round-up of our digital programming to keep you company at home.
- New on AAWW at Home: Rowan Hisayo Buchanan joins us to talk about her new novel, Starling Days and reads from Alexander Chee’s How to Write an Autobiographical Novel.
- From the Archive: Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha spoke with Cyrée Jarelle Johnson at an event on disability justice and collective care.
- From the Archive: Sujatha Gidla, Neel Mukherjee, and Gaiutra Bahadur talk about Dalit exclusion in the publishing industry, the connection between caste and women’s oppression, Dalit solidarity with Black Americans, and much more.
- Next Wednesday, May 20 at 2 PM EST, you can join us at the next edition of Lit Lunch, our new IG Live interview series, with a special episode with two of AAWW’s co-founders! Marie Myung-Ok Lee will speak with Christina Chiu about her new book Beauty, the winner of the 2040 Book Award.
- On Thursday, May 28 we’re holding a virtual reading and fundraiser for Laal NYC, featuring Nadia Q. Ahmad, Tarfia Faizullah, and Samira Sadeque.